Caring for Chicks
By Anya Rushworth
|Chick food from Manna Pro|
|1″ binder clips|
- Put the aquarium where you want to keep chicks. Make sure it is a warm place in the house.
- Put the towel in the aquarium. Make sure to cover the whole bottom and not bunched up.
- Put the chick heater to the lowest setting and put it in the aquarium.
- Fill the feeder with chick feed and put it in the aquarium. Place the feeder away from the heater.
- Put the rocks around in the waterer so the chicks cannot get wet or drown.
- Fill the waterer with fresh water and put it in the aquarium closer to the heater.
- Put in chicks!
- Cover the top of the aquarium with fabric. Hold the fabric down with the clips.
- Every hour or so, you should check their feeder and waterer. If they are not full, put more in.
- When the chicks get older and can move their towels, put in wood chips instead of towels.