the tukeys live in the coop now! we also put them in the chicken tractor, so they are getting along with the chickens. the to Bresse roosters are pecking at them along with Astra, our Astra white chicken (you can see why we named her that!).
we will be able to gather honey from our bees very soon! our bees have already made honey, but we will have to wait before we can harvest the honey, because we want the bees to have some honey to eat. but we have a little honey comb though it smells like smoke and tastes plane.
a couple months ago, we got breese chickens! now, they are laying eggs that are fertilized! breese chickens are meat-eaters. we got too roosters(boys), and 4 hens(girls). we also got rode island reds. my mom and dad think they are both hens, but i think they are a rooster and a hen.
today, our rooster crowed! we also put the bees in our hives! but the rooster crowing was the most exiting thing! the first time, he said “cocadoodl” without the “doo”. but putting the bees in the hives was still very fun!
maple syrup is thick, rich, and has a sweet flavor. but did you know, you can make your own?! yes, you can! tap a tree with a tap and a hammer,drill a hole in a bucket, put a tube on the taps, put the tube in the bucket, collect the sap daily and boil continuously for 3-4 days and start again! stop in the spring or when the sap turns gross!
our baby turkeys turned into turkey in 3-4 days:-<! on the last chick, who is
still alive, i am pointing a laser temp gun at the food — which is water, maple syrup, salt and turkey food– and the chick pecks at the food, but i have to be careful not to get laser in the chick’s eyes!
we got bees a little while ago! but a couple days ago we transferred them from their nuc* to their hive! it (as we judged) took three hours!but it was a very fun day! one of our roosters crowed as well as we did the bees!
*yes nuc is a word.
Caring for Chicks
By Anya Rushworth
|Chick food from Manna Pro|
|1″ binder clips|
- Put the aquarium where you want to keep chicks. Make sure it is a warm place in the house.
- Put the towel in the aquarium. Make sure to cover the whole bottom and not bunched up.
- Put the chick heater to the lowest setting and put it in the aquarium.
- Fill the feeder with chick feed and put it in the aquarium. Place the feeder away from the heater.
- Put the rocks around in the waterer so the chicks cannot get wet or drown.
- Fill the waterer with fresh water and put it in the aquarium closer to the heater.
- Put in chicks!
- Cover the top of the aquarium with fabric. Hold the fabric down with the clips.
- Every hour or so, you should check their feeder and waterer. If they are not full, put more in.
- When the chicks get older and can move their towels, put in wood chips instead of towels.
you will need
- 9 volt battery
- 9 Volt Clip on Type Battery Snap Connector Lead Wire
- 4 markers
- 9 volt computer fan
- 2 quarters
- rubber band.
cut 2 pieces of Velcro and stick it together .
put one side on the battery and the other on the fan.
put it`s Wire around it.
solder the 9 Volt Clip on Type Battery Snap Connector Lead Wire on the Wire.